This year Halloween was SO much fun for all of us. Carson really understood what it was all about this year, and he really got into it. Around August I started asking him what he wanted to be for Halloween, and his response was "a chicken". A chicken...really??? (at least that was my thought) So, I waited a week or so and asked him again.....same response, "a chicken". Another week later, and the same response. At this point, I was beginning to think that I would be shopping for a chicken costume since the kid was obviously firm in his decision. I asked one more time before I started searching for the ultimate chicken costume and lo' and behold he said that he wanted to be a dinosaur. Whew...now that's more like it!! Here are a few pictures of our little dinosaur as we prepared to head out for our evening.
Practicing his roar.....
He told us that he was a mean dinosaur, but I think he's about the cutest, sweetest dinosaur that has ever walked this earth....
For the past several years, we've meet with our neighbors at the corner across the street from our house the night of Halloween. We gather and have a pot luck dinner for the kids and snacks for the adults, and then the kids set out for trick-or-treating while some of the parents hang out on the corner and hand out candy. It's a great time, and it's so much fun to get to see all of the neighbor kids in their costumes.
Carson got to dine with a princess....
Loading up and getting ready to head out for some trick-or-treating....
Carson really grasped the concept of trick-or-treating this year. We were so proud of him, because he was so good about telling everyone "thank you" and then wished them a Happy Halloween. He even gave one lady a VERY loud roar upon her request. She must have been impressed, because she asked for a second one. He quickly picked up on the fact that we didn't go up to a house unless the front porch light was on. As he was bounding down the sidewalk, he asked Brady and I if every night could be Halloween. Ha!
Even before Halloween, Carson had become very fond of lollipops. Here he's letting out a big roar to show his excitement for the lollipop he just landed.
The fun had to finally come to an end, but mommy let him indulge in one lollipop before heading up for a much needed bath.
It was truly a wonderful Halloween for us all. Great fun and great memories.....
No comments:
Post a Comment