Carson Scott Brown is eight months old today!!!! :-)

Oh my, I shudder when I realize how long it's been since we've posted to the blog. I've been pretty good about posting pictures and updates about Carson on Facebook, but I realize that not everyone is on Facebook. So much has transpired since my last update that I won't even attempt a complete catch-up. But, I *am* going to try to complete blog entries on a more regular basis going forward.
My goodness, where to begin......well, I was prepared to return to work on February 9th. But much to my dismay, I was met with the news that I had been laid off from IBM. To say this was shocking would be an understatement. As much as I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom, it wasn't in our (financial) plan. On top of that, this past April would have been 10 years with IBM for me. I was really excited about hitting that 10 year milestone, but now I was going to come up almost exactly one month short. But...it is what it is, so you pick up the pieces and move forward. One positive aspect of being laid off was that I now had more time to spend with our wonderful little boy. I keep hoping that I don't jinx myself by saying this, but Carson is a wonderful baby. He's healthy and is ALWAYS in a happy mood.
A few updates on Carson.....he's now fully into solid foods. Some of his favorites vegetables are green beans (yep, you actually read that correctly...the boy likes green beans), carrots, winter/butternut squash and peas. He loves pretty much all fruit...I think he's going to have a sweet tooth. :-) He's eating Cheerios as a snack and is doing really good about actually getting some into his mouth now. By the way, Bitsy has become a HUGE fan of Cheerios.....she gets all of the ones that miss Carson's mouth and hit the floor. It's quite hilarious...as soon as I put Carson in his high chair, if Bitsy has heard me get out the box of Cheerios out of the pantry, she runs directly under his high chair and just hangs out. I'll have to try to get a video of that some day.
Carson lays down for the night between 6:30 and 7pm (just depends on when he finishes his night time bottle) and he doesn't get up until around 6:30am the next day. But, this really isn't a big deal, because he's been sleeping through the night since he was about 2.5 months old. (I'm telling you....this is a good kid!!!!) Just recently, Carson has become a "tummy sleeper". Once he (finally) learned how to roll from his back to his tummy, there was NO stopping that boy. And, just within the last week or so, he's figured out how to get from his tummy back to his back. I'll lay him down on his back for his naps and for the night, but generally by the time I've made it to the bottom of the stairs he's on his tummy. And, oh my goodness, this little boy moves around in his crib a lot!!! I peek at him on the monitor, and it might be only 20 minutes when I check on him again and he will have completely turned around....his head is now where his feet were. Sometimes it causes me to take a double take to make sure that I am seeing him correctly. Ha!!
He doesn't sleep with a blanket just yet, because Carson LOVES to put things directly over his face. In fact, he'll lay there with it (burp cloth, wash cloth, etc) over his face until we say "Where's Carson??", then he'll quickly pull it down and laugh and then start the process all over again. Because of that we aren't able to have any blankets or anything in his crib that could lay solidly over his face, so we decided to put "Purple Puppy" in his crib with him as he sleeps just so that he could have something to snuggle with that would not be a suffocation risks. Even at that, there are times when Purple Puppy ends up right on top of Carson's face. Thank goodness for video monitors...I can't tell you how many times I sit there and watch the monitor to make sure I see his little chest going up and down.
Carson isn't crawling yet, but he is really starting to scoot around when laying on his tummy. He's starting to pull a leg up every now and then when he's on his tummy, so I have a feeling that it's just a matter of time before he's up on his hands and knees. I have a hunch that once he's able to get up on his hands and knees, he'll be crawling in no time. It seems to take him a while to get to the next developmental phase, but once he gets close he seems to progress with lightning speed. I have mixed emotions about him crawling.....as excited as I am for him to move to this major milestone, am I really ready for mobility?!?!?!?!?! All I can say is that Bitsy better beware!!!
To see some recent pictures of Carson from the past two months, check out this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/nmbrown716/Carson69Months#
Something to note regarding this blog....as I mentioned earlier in this post, I am going to give an earnest attempt to update this blog on a more regular basis. However, I have decided that I really want to use this blog as a method to chronicle events in Carson life for Carson's benefit. So, some of the postings may seem insignificant or uninteresting to you, but just keep in mind that my intention is to create a memory for our precious little man. I hope that you keep checking back for the "Carson Chronicles", and just skip over what might not be overly interesting to you.
Oh my, I shudder when I realize how long it's been since we've posted to the blog. I've been pretty good about posting pictures and updates about Carson on Facebook, but I realize that not everyone is on Facebook. So much has transpired since my last update that I won't even attempt a complete catch-up. But, I *am* going to try to complete blog entries on a more regular basis going forward.
My goodness, where to begin......well, I was prepared to return to work on February 9th. But much to my dismay, I was met with the news that I had been laid off from IBM. To say this was shocking would be an understatement. As much as I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom, it wasn't in our (financial) plan. On top of that, this past April would have been 10 years with IBM for me. I was really excited about hitting that 10 year milestone, but now I was going to come up almost exactly one month short. But...it is what it is, so you pick up the pieces and move forward. One positive aspect of being laid off was that I now had more time to spend with our wonderful little boy. I keep hoping that I don't jinx myself by saying this, but Carson is a wonderful baby. He's healthy and is ALWAYS in a happy mood.
A few updates on Carson.....he's now fully into solid foods. Some of his favorites vegetables are green beans (yep, you actually read that correctly...the boy likes green beans), carrots, winter/butternut squash and peas. He loves pretty much all fruit...I think he's going to have a sweet tooth. :-) He's eating Cheerios as a snack and is doing really good about actually getting some into his mouth now. By the way, Bitsy has become a HUGE fan of Cheerios.....she gets all of the ones that miss Carson's mouth and hit the floor. It's quite hilarious...as soon as I put Carson in his high chair, if Bitsy has heard me get out the box of Cheerios out of the pantry, she runs directly under his high chair and just hangs out. I'll have to try to get a video of that some day.
Carson lays down for the night between 6:30 and 7pm (just depends on when he finishes his night time bottle) and he doesn't get up until around 6:30am the next day. But, this really isn't a big deal, because he's been sleeping through the night since he was about 2.5 months old. (I'm telling you....this is a good kid!!!!) Just recently, Carson has become a "tummy sleeper". Once he (finally) learned how to roll from his back to his tummy, there was NO stopping that boy. And, just within the last week or so, he's figured out how to get from his tummy back to his back. I'll lay him down on his back for his naps and for the night, but generally by the time I've made it to the bottom of the stairs he's on his tummy. And, oh my goodness, this little boy moves around in his crib a lot!!! I peek at him on the monitor, and it might be only 20 minutes when I check on him again and he will have completely turned around....his head is now where his feet were. Sometimes it causes me to take a double take to make sure that I am seeing him correctly. Ha!!
He doesn't sleep with a blanket just yet, because Carson LOVES to put things directly over his face. In fact, he'll lay there with it (burp cloth, wash cloth, etc) over his face until we say "Where's Carson??", then he'll quickly pull it down and laugh and then start the process all over again. Because of that we aren't able to have any blankets or anything in his crib that could lay solidly over his face, so we decided to put "Purple Puppy" in his crib with him as he sleeps just so that he could have something to snuggle with that would not be a suffocation risks. Even at that, there are times when Purple Puppy ends up right on top of Carson's face. Thank goodness for video monitors...I can't tell you how many times I sit there and watch the monitor to make sure I see his little chest going up and down.
Carson isn't crawling yet, but he is really starting to scoot around when laying on his tummy. He's starting to pull a leg up every now and then when he's on his tummy, so I have a feeling that it's just a matter of time before he's up on his hands and knees. I have a hunch that once he's able to get up on his hands and knees, he'll be crawling in no time. It seems to take him a while to get to the next developmental phase, but once he gets close he seems to progress with lightning speed. I have mixed emotions about him crawling.....as excited as I am for him to move to this major milestone, am I really ready for mobility?!?!?!?!?! All I can say is that Bitsy better beware!!!
To see some recent pictures of Carson from the past two months, check out this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/nmbrown716/Carson69Months#
Something to note regarding this blog....as I mentioned earlier in this post, I am going to give an earnest attempt to update this blog on a more regular basis. However, I have decided that I really want to use this blog as a method to chronicle events in Carson life for Carson's benefit. So, some of the postings may seem insignificant or uninteresting to you, but just keep in mind that my intention is to create a memory for our precious little man. I hope that you keep checking back for the "Carson Chronicles", and just skip over what might not be overly interesting to you.
2 comments:
Thanks for the post! We can't wait to hear about each phase in his precious life... and see it on the blog! We miss him.
Kiss him for Mimi and Pops!
Oh Natalie~
I am soooooooo glad you are back!! Love it! I fell off the wagon too for a while on the blog, but I quickly realized that I was sad that many things went undocumented!
Glad to see you back.
Miss you guys and we can't wait to see you.
J
Post a Comment