Monday, August 17, 2009

Where has this summer gone?!?!?!?

I hear all of this talk about shopping for school supplies and the first day of school and I wonder where in the world has this summer has gone. It seems to have flown by. Although we didn't have any big vacations planned this summer, it's been a great one watching Carson grow and go through so many different stages and phases. July was a fun month. Carson celebrated his first 4th of July with a dip in the pool.....



On July 7th, Carson's first tooth FINALLY decided to bust through. And, then the second followed on July 25th. So far, he still just has the two teeth.....the front bottom two....although, I have a feeling that a third one will be appearing soon.

On the 16th of July I celebrated my 40th (ouch!) birthday. I still can't believe that I've turned 40!!! Feels strange to say that. Oh well, like Brady kept telling me "It's better than the alternative". He's got a point! Brady and I celebrated by spending a long weekend in San Antonio on the Riverwalk. It was a great, relaxing weekend and also my first time to be away from Carson overnight. Carson stayed with Nana and PawPaw and didn't seem to miss us nearly as much as I missed him! LOL And, as hard as it was, I did pretty good and only called to check on him 3-4 times a day. :-) Here's a couple of pictures of Brady and I enjoying beautiful San Antonio (one where we're all hot and sweaty from walking around and one where we're enjoying a fabulous steak dinner at Morton's).



We knew that the time would go by fast, but I just can't believe that our baby boy is 9 months old. I can still remember last year at this time...getting ready for Carson's arrival....that seems like just yesterday. He's growing so fast and seems to change daily.

Carson is doing really good with his finger foods. He's eating cheerios, toast, rotisserie and baked chicken, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, pasta, cheese, bananas, nectarines, cantaloupe, and we're starting on strawberries. He LOVES fruit!!!

Our little stinker STILL isn't crawling. He's so close...he'll get up on his hands and knees and even rock, but he just can't/won't propel forward. He'll scoot and/or slide himself backwards and seems to be perfectly content with getting where he needs to go by that method or rolling. Seriously...the kid will roll around/across the entire living room floor. His latest "trick" is to get up on his hands and feet and push that cute little heinie up in the air. Check him out.....

As far as other updates....I am still searching for a job. I had two really good prospects that ended up falling through about as quickly as they came about. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!!! I am ready to get off of this ride!

Brady's project is going really well and his team seems to be out performing the other project teams. Which is good and bad....good for the obvious reasons, but bad because now everyone wants his team to take on their projects which means more travel. Carson and I are enjoying having Brady home for a few more weeks before his travel schedule kicks in once again and gets really demanding for the remainder of the year. :-(

That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to post another entry soon and announce that Carson is crawling! :-) Actually, I guess I better enjoy this time. I am sure that mobility will put a whole new twist on things around this house. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the update!!! We can't wait to see him this weekend. He is just such a cutie.

Love, Mimi and Pops Brown