(Week of January 17 - 23)
A lot of time has passed (yet again), and I realize what a gem of an opportunity I am missing by not taking advantage of this blog to record Carson's milestones. He is growing and changing almost daily (it seems like). I realize just how much he's growing when I look back at pictures that were taken just six months ago. So, I know I've stated this before, but I am really going to try to be more diligent about "writing" things down here. A lot of the things I record may seem insignificant to other readers, but hopefully some day Carson will enjoy reading through this info.
Carson is completely off of baby food and only eating table food. He was still eating a jar of baby food fruit at lunch so that we could put his probiotic in there, but we're now putting the probiotic into his mid-morning milk cup and he's eating regular fruit with lunch. He is SUCH a good eater....in fact, there have been times when Brady and I wonder if we need to stop giving him food in fear that he might pop. Ha! I am sure there will come a day where he will not want to eat, but I sure am enjoying having such a good eater right now. We are very pleased with the variety of foods that Carson will eat. So far, he is showing signs of not being a picky eater...something we had hoped for and talked about before he was born.
New foods this past week: Rice chex and fig newtons.
Carson's cousins, Alex and Addison, were kind enough to let us borrow their Signing Times DVDs, and Carson is really starting to get the hang of signing several words. Here are some of the words that he either signs regularly or is in the process of learning: eat, more, milk, fish, flower, dog, want, ball, bath, mommy, daddy and no.
Carson is now completely off of formula and drinks all milk from his sippy cup (with the exception of his night time bottle). He adjusted so well to whole milk and will even drink it cold (which I had been warned about).
Oops...adjustment to the paragraph above. As of Friday night (1/22) Carson is 100% bottle-free. We tried taking his night time milk from a sippy cup, and he did GREAT....actually, he did better than I did. I am not sure why I was having such a hard time letting go of that one last bottle. Maybe it was my way of trying to keep my baby a baby. :-)
Carson loves to rock...whether it's in your arms, sitting on floor watching one of his shows, sitting on his changing pad holding his MP3 jambox (from Miss Sam and Mr. Rich), or just standing there listening to music. So, we decided to buy Carson a rocking horse. I was SO excited when it was finally delivered by the FedEx guy...I was darn near giddy. I couldn't wait for Brady to put it together that night so that we could "introduce" Carson to it first thing the next morning. However, when we showed it to him, he was less than impressed. He sat on it for a bit then pushed it for few seconds and then proceeded to find another toy to play with. I was crushed. But over the next several days, he began to grow more fond of his new friend. I think one of the problems might be that his little feet aren't quite yet able to reach the rails on each side, so he doesn't feel too secure. But, at least he seems to be more interested. :-) Here's a picture of Carson and Miss Marilyn (Carson's nanny) on one of the first mornings where he started enjoying the rocking horse.

3 comments:
So glad you are back! I check regularly to see what is going on even though most of the happenings are on Facebook. We think he is such a cutie that no matter where he is on the computer I have to check it out!!! Thanks so much for the post and kiss him for Mimi and Pops Brown!!!
Soooooooooooooo glad you are back. (I just noticed my mom said the same thing) ; )
Love that little boy. Jody and I have been giddy before too only to have the air punched right out of us. Too sweet he is on that little horse!!!
Miss you all. Keep up the blogging. I LOVE IT!!!!
Carson is getting sooooo big. I forgot how fast it does goes by and losing that last bottle is hard but the next thing is potty training have fun!!!!!!!!! Lane will be showing his pig at the Houston Livestock show on Thurs. March 18th sometime in the afternoon if you guys want to take Carson to see the animals we will be there. Let me know. Shelly
Post a Comment