I took off on the next Sunday morning about 10:00am for a 2.5 hour drive down the coast to St. Andrews... this was really my first time out on the road since Spring officially hit Scotland! Everything along the road was the greenest I've ever seen it! All of the little lambs had been born and were running around the open fields... I even got to see a Highland calf (very furry little cow!).
After making it the town of St. Andrews I got out of my car and walked along the beach where about 6 or 7 teens were BBQ'ing and taking turns running into the North Sea (water temperatures were still in the 50's.. I later found out that this is a 'right of passage' of sorts...brrr.). After freezing on the beach I walked up onto the golf course and began walking around the MASSIVE bunkers that make up the old and new courses. I know Nat get's tired of this phrase, but it was truly a once in lifetime experience.. something that I may never get to do again... well worth the drive! Take a look at all of my pictures here.
-Brady
No comments:
Post a Comment