Ok, I know I have been seriously slacking, but these last few months have been REALLY crazy. I'll start where I left off:
After Dublin I was able to come back the US for a couple weeks just in time for Easter. Nat was unable to shift her schedule due to some changes at work, so I hopped a plane (actually a couple) and (barely) made it back to the US.
When I got up on the morning of the 21st it was actually snowing in Aberdeen! I managed to get to the airport just in time to get stranded in a VERY long line of people leaving for the Easter holiday. After getting on the plane (45 minutes late) we pulled away from the gate only to return after the pilot's announcement that we were carrying "too much luggage". We got back to the gate and the ground crew proceeded to pull EVERY piece of luggage off of the plane and do a re-count. Once the confirmed that they had actually counted correctly we set off again only to be delayed due to weather in London. Another 45 minutes and we took off from Aberdeen.
On our approach to Gatwick we suddenly (violently) shot back into the air at the last second with the announcement that the tower had almost run us into the back of another plane! Now, I've been flying for years, and I've hit all kinds of turbulence, and been through crazy takeoffs and landings, but this was the most frightening experience I've ever had on a plane... it was like being on a roller coaster!
After circling Gatwick for another 30 minutes we finally landed only to be told that we had landed at the WRONG GATE!!! Now, I carefully choose my seats on a plane according to where I'm going, whether or not I have a connection, and what is the "best" seat... so I chose a seat at the very front of the plane knowing that I had a connection in London... with time running out I figured I had chosen wisely... Since we landed at the wrong gate they pulled the stairs to the BACK of the plane! This was slowly becoming a comedy of errors... I could only laugh as I was the LAST person off of the plane and onto the bus that took us to the actual gate.
After RUNNING to the check in counter, and RUNNING to my departure gate, I settled into my seat and braced myself for 10 hours of bad food and no sleep.
to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment