Monday, August 4, 2008

Long over due update

Well, I should have known better than to promise regular updates. It sure didn't take long to break that promise. But, I will try to make up for it with this posting. First and foremost....Brady and I have decided on a name for the baby. Instead of referring to him as "the baby" or Peanut, we can now officially call him Carson Scott Brown. This was one of the very first names that we came up with, and it just stuck so we decided to make it official. I had a doctor's appt on Friday, and the report was good. It was a pretty uneventful visit, but uneventful isn't always a bad thing. I am 24 weeks now and still feeling really good....just getting big. :-) Carson is quite the active one. When he gets to moving, he REALLY moves (must have his daddy's rhythm...LOL) Not only can Brady and I feel him move, but we've also been able to see my stomach move once he gets active. Brady talks to Carson each night before we go to sleep, and lately it's generated a reaction from Carson. He really gets moving as soon as Brady starts talking to him. Father and son are bonding already...it's so cool!!!

This past weekend we went over to John and Shara's house (my brother and sister-in-law) to celebrate a late birthday for me and an early birthday for Nana (my mom). We got to help John and Shara break in their beautiful new pool, and you can see from some of the pictures that it was a great time for everyone. The kiddos are all like little fish....even the twins (okay, they're more like precious little tadpoles in their pink life jackets).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANA!!!!
Presley on PawPaw's shoulders.
Nana and I got a wonderful birthday serenade from the Niesner crew. :-)


Kinley was thoroughly enjoying Nana's piece of birthday cake (not sure if Nana got a single bite) !!!


Miss Cool (aka Presley) trying on Uncle Brady's sunglasses.


(left to right) Dalton, PawPaw, Tucker, Brady, Presley, Dalton, John and Kinley...what a crew!!

Kinley and Presley on John and PawPaw's shoulders.


The one time the boys didn't get in trouble for fighting...chicken fighting, that is. That's Dalton on Uncle Brady and Tucker on PawPaw with Chance and Presley looking on.



Chance on Uncle Brady's shoulders


3 comments:

Cindy Lu said...

Hi Natalie! Thanks for the comment! Congratulations by the way! That's very exciting. Boys are a lot of fun! There is never a dull moment around here (and that includes having Lance around too). Good luck with everything and I will be checking your blog for baby updates! Take Care. Cindy

Jody said...

Oh what fun!! We are going to ALL have to get together soon!! That would be wonderful. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOM!!

I am so thankful to hear of your "uneventful" check up. It makes us so happy. I am praying time will move quickly for you! I remember the day. You get so anxious to meet them and squeeze and kiss their faces!!

Love you,
AUNT Janell.... love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great birthday party. Happy Birthday to your Mom. We are so glad your appointment went well. We can't wait to see you both again.

The pool is beautiful and looks like so much fun.

Of course, we are getting anxious for Carson to get here.

Love you guys,
Bendra & Sid