It's been a busy last few weeks. Last Friday was a very exciting day for me and Brady...we actually got to see what our precious little boy looks like. We had a 3-D ultrasound, and it was such a wonderful experience. Well, it was a wonderful experience once we finally got that little stinker to take his hands down from his face. When the technician first started, Carson had both hands AND both feet up infront of his face. And, it must have been a very comfortable position for him, because he was not very willing to move them. :-) I know that I might be a wee bit prejudice, but I think that he is just adorable!!!! Here are a couple of pictures of our little guy at 29 weeks:
On Saturday (9/6), my Mom and I drove to Austin for a Carson's first baby shower. My sweet and oh-so-talented cousin, Holly, hosted an intimate shower with some of my dear friends and family from Austin. I had such a wonderful time catching up with everyone and opening some of the most adorable gifts for Carson. It was fun for me all over again once I got home and went through everything again showing Brady all of the cute gifts. Holly....thanks for EVERYTHING. The shower was a blast and, once again, your creativity and hostess skills blew me away.
This past week, Carson took his first trip on a plane. I had to travel to Atlanta for a business trip. My doctor gave me permission to travel but said that this was about the last week that he'd feel comfortable in me traveling so far from home. And, I have to agree with him...I was wiped out after returning home!!!
And now, we are in the midst of preparing for Hurricane Ike. Brady and I contemplated evacuating, but then decided to stay put. We've hurricane-proofed our house as much as we possibly can, stocked up on groceries and batteries, and have started taking bets on how long it will be before our electricity goes out (our electricity here seems to go out quite easily). We feel confident that we'll be fine here, but we are expecting some pretty strong winds. Bitsy stayed with Nana and PawPaw (my parents) while I was in Atlanta, and she is still there. So she'll be riding out the storm in the country....and, no doubt, in PawPaw's arms. :-) Please keep us all in your prayers.
1 comment:
The pictures are precious and of course you have two more votes from this household that he is absolutely adorable! We can't wait to hold him and marvel over another miracle.
We are praying for all of you to be safe during the storm.
Love,
Bendra and Sid
aka Mimi and Pops
Post a Comment