Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend update

Hello! Brady here with a quick update from my busy weekend.


Friday night was "Burns Night" in Scotland. This is the celebration of the birth of Robert Burns (a famous Scottish poet). Burns Night is celebrated with a traditional dinner of Haggis, neeps, and tatties... oh and a "wee splash 'o whiskey sauce" :-) . While I didn't attend any celebrations, I did see quite a few guys out and about town in their traditional Kilt, jacket and "Ghillie Brogues".


On Saturday I set out to the small seaside town of Stonehave to tour Dunnottar Castle . To actually get to the castle you have to park about 1/2 mile away and walk down a path towards a STEEP stair case. The stairs lead you down 150 feet to the shore where there is a walkway to the cliff that the castle stands on. Then it's back up another 150+ feet of steep narrow stairs to the gate house (the picture at the left was taken at the bottom of the stairs looking up at the gate house). Once you enter the castle yard you are offered some amazing views of the Scottish coastline. I've got about 30 pictures (although I took almost 100) on the Picasa page, so feel free to look around (be sure to zoom in on the pictures, or save them to your computer for the full effect!) After a long hike back to the car I drove into Stonehaven, had a quick bite to eat and back to the flat.

Today will be pretty boring, as I'm going grocery shopping and cleaning the flat. Cheers!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: